Wednesday, February 9, 2011

long time no type

HEY! sorry about not keping up with things i have just not had any time to do the internet i am too busy with teaching till noon and then taking naps outside over looking the himalayas after eating an awesome meal! =D

i got dreadlocks too... i didnt want to tell you i was just going to wait till i got home but i cpouldnt i was too excited for them. it was funny because i asked for the extensions and the lady said yea we can give them but all people in nepal have black hair lol so i had to get Black hair extensions!!! which is ok because the black is beautiful in the sun.. im not keeping them black when i get home tho ill just dye them back to my original color and maybe leave one black for memories =] the monks were all swarming around wanting to touch them and i taught them how to palm roll the dreads, so i had about three monks all doing the hard work for me haha i loved it.

today my new friends from mexico Sntiago and Maria dyed their hair with Henna and i got to help them lol.... it was so funny feeling after mixing the powder and black tea! it smelled amazing tho! it looks like green diahreeah lol not sure how to spell that word.... but when i put the mix in Santiago's hair, the monks were laughing and calling hm the joker man! since the henna mix was green and his hair is kinda short it was a funny image!

the monks and i are getting more talkative with each other and then follow me aroundand just ask me howim doing every five seconds. its hilarious.

and today at like two ish i got to sit in on their tibetan writing class, and the teacher monk had me copy some things down too! after all the monks had some time to copy, they sarted to line up with their books at the front of class so the teacher could check them off. to be funny, i got up and stood in the line too with my one sheet of crappily copied tibetan lmao and all the monks thought this was hilarious! the teacher checked me off and told me i needed some more work hahaha. if some of the monks were not copying or doing the wrong things, their punishment was to squat at a 90 degree angle with their arms out straight, then the teacher would walk around and put the long heavy tibetan scripts on their arms for ten seconds. these little monks are like 5 or something! they are strong little things lol.

they also were doing Kung Fu moves for us today! that was awesome because they are so young and small but they could probably kick my butt haha! we took some pretty cool pictures so ill try and have some up... i think i wont be able to put the pictures up until i get back in the states because the internet is soooo incredibly slow here.

oh and i was really sick and had to visit a hospital in Kathmandu.... awesome. i had the stomach flu, head flu and a bacterial virus in my stomach.... and i had a really high fever! the doctor who is the private doctor of the Rinpoche (highest monk/head guy of all monastery) came to see me alot and would do cool massages on me and gave me some mantras to recite to help keep my mind off the pain. she would make me teas and bring me granola bars! she even let me have her water filter. she was such an amazing woman oh and she also gave a huge feast on the chinese new year and spent a fortune on the food for the monks.... it was like a feast for the whole monastery and we were invited! so great i had my first apple in about two months lol. she also gave everyone 600 rupees! that could last for about a week!

so yeah i went to the doctor and got medicines and stuff so now i am all better. not sure my stomach is ever going to be back to normal tho. it is always going to have some pains because i think i caught it too late =[ oh well i can learn to live with it. such is life.


love and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are much appreciated =]