Friday, December 10, 2010

ohh my gossshh

im feelin pretty rough this morning... cant wait for class so i can have some close friends around. this culture shock is pretty tough, mostly because i knew almost nothing about the place before i left...
And when im walking on the street EVERY SINGLE PERSON stares as they pass me. i have been wearing my scarf around my face more often now to try and avoid that... but its almost like that makes it worse. im trying to get used to it but its hard going from not being so interesting looking to being almost an alien. Ik they dont mean anything by it because Harimaya told me that the native people find foreigners to be fascinating and to talk to one is a huge honor... i just need to adjust to the so called fame i guess... =/ i just wish i could blend in lol. i was very introverted before coming here, so maybe i am supposed to come out of my shell now...

ps, after the blind convention i met a guy from texas!!! that made me really happy because it was suuper easy to communicate and it was really nice refresher and it was cool that he was from my home state haha! =] He is with another teaching program called NELTA and is staying for TEN MONTHS! it has already been three for him... ohh thats such a long time... so that made me a little more comfortable about my situation i can only imagine how he has felt!

2 comments:

comments are much appreciated =]