Sunday, December 5, 2010

click here for da photos =]

Today i got up very early, had a delicious breakfast in the garden that consisted of porridge, fresh mango juice, scrambled eggs, two sausages, and for you Kaegan, i tried a cup of their fresh brewed coffee and it was VERY VERY nasty haha i just don't think coffee is for me! lol... after that i went upstairs and got ready to take my walk to the Ghantaghar (clock tower)! i got soo lost for like an hour lol and had to end up taking a taxi there. but after that i found my school building, and did some shopping! I met some college students about my age on the street too. they were all getting out of class and noticed me walking so we talked together a bit and they walked with me for a few blocks and showed me some good shops! 
I also met a boy who walked up to me and told me I was ‘very pretty girl’ lol he was cute! He said that he always wanted to visit the states and go to california. I have found out that the people are very hospitable and are willing to talk to any tourist (or person for that matter lol) very very friendly and I love it. Sometimes I would just be walking and looking around or stop for a break and sit on some steps, and people will smile at you and trow out the occasional ‘namaste’ lol I love it!
after i found my school building, i decided to make myself get lost =] which i did and ended up finding an awesome temple/children's school. it was very quiet around the temple but inside i could hear children repeating the english calendar! the way they do it is all in unison repeating the words back to the teacher. i kinda creeped on them thru the class room window haha =] 
the pollution is quite bad here so one of the students recommended that i get a scarf shawl thing to wrap around my face and to also be courteous in some situations that require a woman's head to be covered (i forget what she called them lol).  Typically this is not as common anymore but you do see it occasionally. 
on my way back to the hotel, i spotted another temple and this one was of Vishnu. beautiful!! it had two ponds and a small green temple shrine thing of the deity. there was a man meditating on the side by himself and he looked so at peace! i wanted to join but i didn't want to disturb him lol. just outside the gate of this temple a man had a fresh fruit stand and he was cutting up mangoes, cucumber, and coconut. i got myself a whole bowl and ate it inside the gates of the temple. while eating, a man named Sudaahn (spelling?), an officer in the army came over and joined me. we sat for about an hour chatting and eating our bowl of mangoes! he was a very nice guy.
I started walking at about ten this morning, and finally got back by two! It was very eventful I think =] soo proud of myself for being able to keep my cool when getting lost and even more so for being able to get myself back to the hotel with out a map, asking directions or taking a cabby!
Oh and its super sunny out and feels like 75 degrees lol I would have been comfortable in shorts and a tank if it were allowed for women to do so! Instead I had to wear a long sleeve, jeans, and a scarf to keep my lungs protected haha soo sweaty.
I think that the women here are very beautiful too and I think that maybe I will get one of those outfits that they wear. They sell them in ‘completes’ they call it when it is the long top, trousers, and scarf all together. They also size you and get them sewn to fit you perfectly! All for fairly cheap too. 
Now i will probably go meditate in the garden or do some yoga! maybe i will take a nap. idk lol or I may even go find myself a local restaurant and get some grub! Options are endless =D
‘Ordinary men hate solitude.
The Master makes use of it,
embracing his aloneness, realizing
he is one with the whole universe.’
Lao Tzu, chapter 42 in the Tao




4 comments:

  1. This is all so cool! I'm going to keep reading these every day! And the pictures are awesome. The place that you are staying at looks really pretty :) also, my mom was wondering if you could add her onto your list so that she could read your blogs - she was interested when I told her about it hah :) it's andrea.deau@gmail.com. Hope you're having a great time! Love Hannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. awh thanks hannie!! i would love if you kept reading them everyday!! i miss you!! and for sure i just added your mamma so she can look at it too =] i will have the rest of the photos up later that was only a few of them lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just got a webcam so I can skype..what is your thingy? you can email me it

    ReplyDelete

comments are much appreciated =]